SOME GREAT RECIPES
Send us your recipes email@example.com
FROM THE KITCHEN
Got some great recipes email them to us and we will post the best submissions.
BBQ Cowboy Chili
2 large onions, chopped
2 pounds boneless, top round or sirloin steak cut into ½ inch cubes
1 pound ground beef
1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes in puree, undrained
1 can (15 to 19 ounces) red kidney beans, undrained
1 cup of Some Great BBQ Sauce Kickin’
1 package (1 ¼ ounces each) chili seasoning mix
1. Cook and stir onions in 1 tablespoon hot oil in large pot; transfer to bowl. Cook steak cubes and ground beef in batches in 3 tablespoons hot oil until well browned; drain well.
2. Add onions, ¾ cup water, tomatoes, red kidney beans, BBQ sauce, and chili seasoning to the pot. Heat to boiling, stirring. Reduce heat to medium –low. Cook, partially covered, 1 hour or until meat is tender, stirring often. Garish with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.
Makes 10 servings.
Bourbon Street BBQ Beans
2 tablespoons of olive oil
½ large onion, chopped
¾ cup chopped green pepper
Pinch of kosher salt and black pepper
3 large cloves of garlic, chopped
16 oz of hot Italian sausage, removed from casing
2 (1 lb. 7 oz.) cans of baked beans
1 cup of Some Great BBQ Sauce, Bourbon Street
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon of molasses
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onions and peppers until soft. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, add garlic and cook for a minute longer. Crumble the sausage into the onions, peppers and garlic. Chopping the sausage into small pieces as it cooks. Cook until all the pink is gone. Drain off some of the bean liquid so it is lower than the beans; mix into the saucepan. Turn heat down to medium-low and add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for 20 minutes and serve. The flavors blend well if made the night before.
Mellow Mandarin BBQ Salmon
½ cup of Some Great BBQ Sauce Mellow Mandarin
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 green onion, sliced
4 salmon fillets or steaks (1 lb.)
1. Soak an untreated cedar plank (or planks) large enough to hold a side of salmon (5 to 7 inches wide and 16 to 20 inches long) in water, weighting it with something heavy, like a brick, so it stays submerged 30 minutes to 24 hours.
2. When ready to grill, either build a charcoal fire in half the grill or turn grill burners on high for 10 minutes. Mix the first three ingredients.
3. Place soaked cedar on hot grill grate, close lid, and watch until wood starts to smoke, about 5 minutes. Transfer salmon to hot plank, brush generously with sauce, move salmon off direct charcoal heat or turn burners to low, and cook covered until salmon is just opaque throughout (130 on a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest section) 20 to 25 minutes or longer, depending on thickness and grill temperature. Let sit 5 minutes; and serve with a side of rice.
2 pounds of ground beef
1 egg, beaten
¾ c bread crumbs
1 c Some Great BBQ Sauce any flavor
Preheat grill for high heat.
In a large bowl mix the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs and BBQ sauce using your hands. Form mixture into 8 hamburger patties.
Grill patties for about 5 minutes per side basting with BBQ sauce until done.
Top with your favorite toppings.
Some Great BBQ Crockpot Pulled Pork
2 pound pork shoulder or butt
16 oz bottle of your favorite Some Great BBQ Sauce
1. Rub the salt, pepper, and garlic powder on all sides of the pork butt, and then place it in the crock pot, fat side UP.
2. Pour in the water so that it comes about halfway up the side of the meat.
3. Pour the BBQ Sauce on top and in the water. I tend to have a heavier hand when pouring the BBQ, you really can't go wrong!
4. Turn the crock pot on low, and cover for 8 hours.
5. After 8 hours, it will shred very easily. Drain water from crock pot, just pull it apart with two forks on a cutting board, separating the fat out.
6. Toss it back into the crock pot with the delicious sauce and fully coat. Keep 'On Warm' until ready to eat! Enjoy!
BOURBON STREET APPLE PIE
By Chef Laura Anhalt
6 red apples, unpeeled and diced in small pieces
2/3 cup of Bourbon Street BBQ Sauce
2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 sticks (1 cup) of butter
2 cups of sugar
Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
Pu the diced pieces of apple in a bowl and the Bourbon Street BBQ sauce and mix well to fully coat. Transfer the mixture to a baking pan or glass Pyrex.
In another bowl mix the flour, the butter and the sugar with your hands until you form an even, thick and somewhat dry paste/dough. You will be able to form a ball.
Grab a small amount of dough and press it between your hands to flatten it out, and then place it on top of the apples, one piece at a time. Cover the whole pan using this technique. It is important that no openings are left uncovered.
Bake for approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Baking times will vary depending on the type of oven and altitude. The pie will be done when the dough turns a light golden brown color – and a bit darker around the edges. It will be soft to the touch. The crust will harden as it cools. Allow about ½ an hour of cooling time before serving.
Sweet Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork
By Chef Laura Anhalt
1 (6lbs to 8 lbs) pork roast – I prefer shoulder
3-4 cups of Sweet Chipotle BBQ Sauce – reserve some for serving
For the dry/rub ingredients:
4 tablespoons of paprika
½ tablespoon of powdered cayenne pepper or chipotle powder
1 tablespoon of fine instant coffee
1 ½ tablespoons of garlic powder
1 ½ tablespoons of brown sugar
1 ½ tablespoons of dry mustard
4 tablespoons of coarse sea salt
Pre-heat your oven to 300F.
Combine of all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Put the pork roast in a deep roasting pan and rub it with the dry ingredient blend. Place it in the oven for approximately 6 hours or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the pork reads 170 degrees. Ideally, at this point, the roast will be falling apart.
Take it out of the oven, and in the same roasting pan, pull the pork apart using two forks. Once the pork is pulled, make sure to mix it well with the juices and browned bits it cooked in. Now add the Sweet Chipotle BBQ Sauce, one cup at a time while mixing to make sure you coat all the pork. Return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes to allow the flavors to incorporate fully and serve.
Original BBQ & Maple Cupcakes
By Chef Laura Anhalt
1 1/4 cups of pure maple syrup
1/2 cup of Original BBQ sauce
1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup of water at room temperature
For the Maple Buttercream Frosting
1 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
3 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
Maple sugar for sprinkling (optional)
Freshly cooked bacon strips
To prepare the Original BBQ & Maple Cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Mix the maple syrup, BBQ sauce, flour, baking soda, and butter in a stand mixer on medium speed until fully combined. Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in water until fully combined.
Spoon the mixture into the cupcake paper lined muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
To prepare the Maple Buttercream Frosting
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat the butter until it turns light and fluffy, for about 3 minutes on high speed. Mix in the powdered sugar a little at a time. Mix in maple syrup.
Spread or pipe the frosting on the completely cooled cupcakes.
Made and bottled in Lancaster NY
9 Bold Flavors To Choose From. Natural Ingredients
...are you a distributor?
Contact 716-771-2606 or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing info.